Company Experience and Capabilities
- Wastewater sampling and NPDES and Pretreatment permit application development for a large power generation plant subject to Performance Standards of 40 CFR 423.
- Managed agency negotiations with the MDEQ regarding a draft wastewater permit for the Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant owned by the U.S. Army. Comments provided by FC&E included instream waste concentration and chemical translator equations to justify higher metals (copper, lead, and zinc) limits based on hardness and total suspended solids relationships. Permit limits for these three metals were increased significantly as a result of the newly calculated water quality standards.
- Wastewater sampling, pretreatment permit applications preparation, and air permit applications preparation for two manufacturing facilities involved in surface coating of metal parts. Additionally, FC&E prepared solvent management plans.
- Sized and designed pond layout for a recirculation water supply pond for a large wet log storage operation. Site layout, pond size, and overflow pipe were designed to maintain sufficient freeboard to hold a 25 year, 24 hour storm event.
- Developed numerous Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans and Storm?water Pollution Prevention Plans for several power plants, manufacturing facilities, sawmills, and industrial sites.
- Provided turn?key environmental permitting for a proposed biodiesel and ethanol facility, including Large Construction Storm?water Notice of Intent and Construction Storm?water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP). In addition, FC&E prepared the NPDES permit and wastewater Pretreatment permit applications.
- FC&E has performed on?site training of industry personnel for NPDES, SPCC Plan and SWPPP requirements at various manufacturing and commercial facilities.
- Developed pilot and bench scale leachate treatment studies, designed wastewater (leachate) treatment system, plans, specifications, and bid documents for a large municipal landfill.